Thursday, December 7, 2017

Make it Monday #306: Fan Brush Trees

Betsy has us getting "artsy" this week, using fan brushes to paint trees. While she used re-inkers, I got out my watercolour paints. It took me a couple of tries. I think my fan brush is defective! Lol. A 1" flat brush worked better for me, for the first layer, as well as for the sky, but I went over the trees with a darker paint, using the fan brush. I also used the fan brush to layer the "snow", using acrylic white paint. There is Wink of Stella over the white paint, which doesn't show up in this photo.
Thanks for the fun challenge, Betsy!

Thanks for looking!!
Dies: In the Meadows
Stamp: Snowfall Style (sentiment)

10 comments:

  1. Your card is beautiful, Kathryn! Love how your trees came out. I am going back to practice more :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow- your trees are fantastic. love the red birds too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my...this is absolutely GORGEOUS Kathryn!! I love your trees and how they came out...I think I need to try again after seeing yours! Glad to see we were thinking alike with the sentiment too!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just beautiful, Kathy! Your trees lovely and your snowy background is so soft. I'm going to a watercolour background class on Sunday. I'll have to try something like this! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kathryn, this is gorgeous and your trees look amazing (like you've been doing this forever!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful trees and snow. And then you made such a lovely card with sweet red birds too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The little red bird and beautiful deer make those lovely trees really pop! Such great texture and perspective with your perfect shading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your trees are stunning and I love that you added those little birds!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job on the trees. I love the little birds you added and your deer.

    ReplyDelete