Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Make it Monday #138: Inlaid Die Cuts

Betsy's challenge this week is to use inlaid die cuts, which is always great when you have to mail a card. I've used PTI's "Beautiful Butterflies" stamps and dies, as well as "Boutique Borders" to make this card for our great-niece, who is turning 12 next week. I got my inspiration from one of Maile Belle's cards, seen here. One butterfly has some design paper in the negative space, and some rhinestones to embellish it. There is a butterfly stamped on the inside, as well as on the envelope, which you can see peeking out from behind the card.
Thanks for looking!


6 comments:

  1. I really like the way the butterflies create a border---- Lovely

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card and the colors are scrumptious! Seeing Maile's card inspired me to purchase this set last year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful butterfly border on your birthday card, Kathryn. I used the same butterfly in purple on my envelope for my card too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet card, Kathryn! Great color choices and love how the butterflies look like they're in flight.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a stunning card and so artistic. Love.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sooooo pretty! Love your take on the challenge and the butterflies are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete