Saturday, April 5, 2014

Make it Monday #158 Stamping with Watercolours

I love watercolouring, but just haven't been able to find much mojo lately... However, our anniversary is coming up next week, so I managed to make this card for my husband. The inside will say, "because of you".
I wanted to try something I've never done before, and I don't own any Gelatos, so I used my Inktense Pencils to colour the fern from Meadow Greens, spritz it with water, then stamp. I gathered some "ink" onto a waterbrush, then gently sprinkled some ink onto the rest of the panel, just for fun. It turned out alright, but I think I prefer using Distress Inks for this method.
Thanks for looking!

7 comments:

  1. Ha! I made another card using Meadow Greens too! I love the intensity you got with your ferns and your layout. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this, Kathryn! Perfect stamp set to use, and makes a great anniversary card. I just can't get into doing any watercolouring. It's so not me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for commenting on my fern card, Kathryn. I think yours is beautiful. I didn't know what to do with an entire panel of ferns so I made the window, but you figured out the perfect way to highlight them. And you're right. Distress Inks are the way to go with watercoloring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. happy anniversary for next week- pretty card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your fern images turned out beautifully, and that twine just sets them off perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a nice serene card. The leaves turned out beautifully! Love the splatters too, it gives a depth to the leaves as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh dear, happy belated anniversary! I'm sorry I missed it! This is so gorgeous that I feel a tremoring CASE developing in my head lol! It's fabulous. I hope you had a wonderful anniversary!

    ReplyDelete