Saturday, November 4, 2017

Blog Hop for Dawn

We Love Dawn

I am so glad that we're honouring Dawn in this way! (Please see more info here, if you haven't heard why we're doing this for Dawn.) I was happy to make a card for her, and realized that I have many stamp sets and dies that she has designed. Dawn loves colour, so I made this with bright colours, ones I've seen her use often. I have already mailed this to her, and hope that it brings a smile to her face.


I used a pre-printed watercolour sheet, from "Bold Blossoms, and painted the flowers using my Daniel Smith watercolours. The sentiment is from "It's the Thought". On the inside, I stamped a sentiment from Dawn's "Tucked In:Thinking of You".

A close up of the sparkle I added to the flower  centers.



12 comments:

  1. Gorgeous and I love the vibrant colors. Thanks for participating in the hop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those rich colors that you chose... perfect for Dawn! The ribbon and sparkle add a special beauty, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, beautiful card Kathryn...this is sure to bring a smile to Dawn's face when she receives it! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, my, Kathryn, you have really captured the essence of Dawn with all this bold and vibrant color and added schparkle! She will cherish your card!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dawn will just love this. So beautiful, Kathryn!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful bright flowers, Kathryn. Dawn will love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is beautiful , the colors are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful bright colors. A lovely card for Dawn.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I know Dawn will have her heart touched with your beautiful and richly painted floral card. Wonderful work ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. I looked at this and said "this is definitely a Dawn color combination". So pretty!

    ReplyDelete