Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Make it Monday #170: Masking with Die Cuts

Papertrey's Make it Monday was all about die-cutting masks in order to stamp "behind" other stamps. I've used PTI's "Year of Flowers: Violets" and watercoloured the violet. I masked the flower to stamp the top leaf, then masked the flower and the top leaf, so that I could stamp the second leaf. I used a bit of Perfect Pearls mist to add some shimmer to the edges of the flower petals, as the petals have this shimmer in real life, and 3 jewel embellishments for the flower center. For cardstock, I used Royal Velvet for the mat, and Soft Stone cardstock for the sentiment and card base. The sentiment is stamped with Royal Velvet Ink.
Thanks for looking!

5 comments:

  1. Kathryn, I love the water-coloring. The colors are soft and subtle. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely Gorgeous. Love the softness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous watercoloring! I love the purples of your violet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely beautiful! Wonderfully done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really beautiful! Such pretty watercoloring!

    ReplyDelete