Thursday, July 24, 2014

PTI July 2014 Blog Hop #2

Blog-hop-logo


July Blog Hop Inspiration

For this card, I focussed on the spools of thread and the buttons. The stamps are from an old favourite of mine, "Quilter's Sampler". I coloured the thread with my Copics, and glued on some twine that I coloured with the mint green Copic. The background is done with a stencil and Distress Ink (I didn't have the colour I wanted, unfortunately) and a large stamp from the "Button Up" stamp set. Some Button Stacks dies, and the "Filagree" border die, finish it off.
Thanks so much for looking, and I appreciate any comments! Have a great day!


11 comments:

  1. How pretty, love how you've colored the spools of thread.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Changed gears completely on this Kathryn. Nice Copic coloring and embellishment. Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful card. Great take on the inspiration photo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all the elements on this card. I especially like the stenciling and the floral circles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kathryn, love your attention to detail! Beautiful coloring and another card with a gorgeous background!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the background and all the little extras you added...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another great card. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love, love your spools of thread! Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am drooling here. Perfect incorporation of the spools of thread and button!!! Then the die cut border and stitched look around the card base is oh-la-la!!! I hope you win something fantastic for your beautiful entries!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card. I love how you did those spools of thread--and it all ties in so well with your stitched mat.

    ReplyDelete