Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Make It Monday #200: Layering Cover Plate Die Cuts

Masculine Valentine's cards are always a little more challenging for me, so I thought I'd use this week's Make it Monday to see if I could come up with a card for my husband.

Here is my card using two Cover Plates: Diagonal Stripes (black paper) and Happy Hearts--I think is the name--(white paper), over top a Pure Poppy card base. The tag is cut from Double Ended Banners, and the sentiment is from the Happy Hearts stamp set, heat embossed with white Filigree powder. (all PTI). I trimmed the white layer down slightly so that a black border could be seen all round. The heart embellishment was diecut from white paper, covered with several types of glitter pen till I got a silver, metallic look, then a coat of Glossy Accents was applied on top.
Thanks for looking!

7 comments:

  1. Kathryn, your card is stunning in black, white and red! Used the same cover plate for my card, and looks completely different! Love that cute liver star too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Kathryn! And your husband will too! Great idea to combine the 2 cover plates...they work together perfectly! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is so striking! You rocked this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that you used two different cover plates - I would never have thought of that! This is so graphic and stunning. Fabulous colour choices, too, your husband will love it. I have not made one Valentine card yet; this may be the year I have to buy them. Of course I have lots in my stash back home, but did I bring any of them with me? Oh no, not me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like this. Super use of color and the 2 cover plates. Now I think I need to add that Diagonal Stripes cover plate to my wish list!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kathryn, using these two cover plates together looks awesome!! Love your choice of colors!!

    ReplyDelete