Wednesday, February 11, 2015

PTI Anniversary- Challenge #5 Spring Into Action


This challenge is all about "springing into action", and "using our stamps for the first time"!
For the longest time, I wanted this stamp set, but it sat in my "wishlist" for months for months. I finally bought it a couple of months ago, but was too busy with Christmas and family Feb. birthdays to use it. So here it is, "Hands of Time", for the first time! (Pun intended. Wink.)

The small sentiment is from "Movers and Shakers: Sentiments", which I thought went well with the larger sentiment from "Hands of Time".  I heat embossed the large clock image in white, then wet the whole sheet. I picked up a variety of blue Distress Inks and dropped them on, letting them bleed into each other. After heat setting it, I dropped some water droplets on to "bleach" some spots, but that didn't work very well. I guess it's because I used cardstock, rather than watercolour paper. So then I picked up some of the ink on my paintbrush and flicked the brush over top, to give some texture and interest. A few black enamel dots finished it off. I like how this turned out, but now I'm asking myself just why I didn't order the dies that go with this stamp set!

No comments:

Post a Comment