Tuesday, March 24, 2015

March 2015 Papertrey Blog Hop

Blog-hop-logo
The following photo is our inspiration for this month's hop.



Blog inspiration

I focussed on the colours in this photo, and chose to make a card using the turquoise, yellows and white, with a touch of green. And, since it's almost Easter, I made an Easter Egg card, Cas-ing Laura Bassen's wonderful card, found here, changing up only the colours. Loved hers, but I went with the colours in the above photo. I used my water paints on watercolour cardstock, then punched the eggs out with the egg die. I put a layer of plain vellum over top the striped paper, in order to soften it up, a bit. This card will go to my son and his family. One egg for each of them and the kids, plus one spare for the dog! Lol.
Thanks for looking! All materials are PTI.
Stamps and Dies: Etched Easter Eggs

And speaking of Casing, I also copied....er, Cas'd Betsy Veldman's card, shown here.  LOVED her card, using Easter Alleluias and Itty Bitty Bouquets. (Sorry about the poor photo--I took it on my iPad, not realizing at the time that I was going to post this.)  The colours suit this blog hop, too!


8 comments:

  1. Love your Easter eggs - terrific card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such gorgeous Easter Eggs, lovely card, it's perfect in every way....and I bet the dog will think so too! lol Happy Easter, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! I love the Easter eggs in these colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love both your cards. The detail on those eggs, incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really, really like this card Kathryn!! Those egg dies are just so pretty, and I didn't think I needed them at the time, but now I think I need to re-consider after seeing your beautiful card! The colors in this challenge were just perfect for your card! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty, happy Easter egg card; and I LOVE your CASE of Betsy's card. How did you manage to smoosh so well?!!!! It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Easter eggs are just dreamy ~ such a sweet card for your DS and family. I'm sure they'll be impressed. Great job CASEing Betsy ~ smooshing and all. Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I love how you used these pretty eggs. Such a sweet look.
    The wreath card is gorgeous too!

    ReplyDelete