Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Papertrey Ink Transformation Tues.-Oct 2, 2018

I thought I would give Lizzie's challenge a try, over at Papertrey Ink. I've never participated in this challenge before, but it's not because of a lack of cards that need a makeover!
Here is one card that I've never liked, mainly due to the colours I chose. I stenciled a background behind the panel, but it hardly shows.


Since I used Botanical Blocks II for the first card, I chose to make a Christmas card with Botanical Blocks IV for my second card, along with the general layout. Instead of a stenciled background, I used some patterned paper for my second card. I used the same Pinefeather green as a mat and for the tag. Instead of painting the image, like my first one, I dug out my Prismacolour pencils to colour the second one. I had forgotten how much time that takes!! No wonder I prefer painting--I'm an impatient person! A little Stickles and Perfect Pearls were used to embellish. The sentiment is from "Keep it Simple:Christmas".

 



And here's a close up of the colouring. I don't think anyone will be mistaking me for Yana, or Sandy Allnock...


Thanks for looking!




2 comments:

  1. Nice redo. I like both of your cards and am partial to the botanical block sets. I wonder if you would like card #1's sentiment strip better if it was also white embossed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathryn, both cards are gorgeous but like Vikki, the sentiment really stands out more on your second one. LOL when I read your comment about Yana and Sandy. Let’s just say they’ve had a lot more practice. 😊

    ReplyDelete