Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Make it Monday, #127-Double Backgrounds (No.3)

For this card, I used a colour combination that is out of my comfort zone, and dug out some old stamps to pair with some newer stamps. Mat Stack #4 hasn't been inked in awhile, so I used it as a grounding mat. I made the flower from "Ruby Rose" stamps, which were stamped with Versamark ink, then heat embossed with clear powder. The background is using "Sheet Music" and "Fancy Flourishes", which I really like together. I used Sweet Blush ink, which is pretty light, so I hope you can see it in the photo. The sentiment is also from Mat Stack #4 stamps, and the die is from Tremendous Tags. All materials are from PTI, except the light pink paper, which is from my scraps.

Thanks for looking, and I always appreciate any comments! 
Have a great day!




4 comments:

  1. What a fun, bright, & cheery card! I love your background too...great choices to put together! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the subtle double stamped background topped with the bold and beautiful focal point. Striking card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is lovely, Kathryn. Love the pretty bloom on the black n white label. Your double background works beautifully too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't you love Ruby Rose? I can't quit using it!! Your bloom is gorgeous on the black, frame, it just pops! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete