Wednesday, February 3, 2016

OCC Day 6: Wet-on-Wet Florals

Here is my first attempt at doing a small painting, imitating Swarup. Her paintings are so loose and lovely, but I have a long ways to go in being "loose". However, I was still a little pleased at how this turned out. It might have been better to do a larger painting, but didn't want to "waste" paper! I know, I know, we're not supposed to be worrying about that, but it's really hard to get Arches 140lb Cold Pressed paper in my town. I'm not sure how I will finish this off. I may frame it with an oval mat, placed over top of this panel.

3 comments:

  1. You are very talented! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are really flying with your watercoloring! An oval mat would be gorgeous! I signed up last night for the class and will just go at my own pace, fixing all the techy problems with new network and devices. I totally get what you mean about saving wc paper. It pains me if something turns out badly because of the price of buying any new products. But paint on!!

    ReplyDelete