Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Sandy Allnock-Paint Along Series, #'s 3 and 4

Well, better late than never... Here are #'s 3 and 4 of Sandy Allnock's Paint Along Series. I don't know if I'll ever get around to #5, though. Sandy makes these look so easy!! But they're not.

#3 was to do a mountain scene, and even though we're just painting along with Sandy (read: copying what she does!), it's still a challenge. I tried to use the same bright yellow-green and blue-greens, mixing up the same paint colours--even though I'd prefer more muted, olive tones--but it's all about learning how to mix paint as well as painting.


  #4 was all about painting a forest scene. Here, Sandy used some Daniel Smith paints in colours I don't have, so mixed up my own as best I could. At least I liked the green colours better--more natural, to my eye.

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous! Looks like there's a sunny meadow at the end of the path through the trees.

    ReplyDelete