Thursday, February 18, 2016

Sandy Allnock Paint Along Series #'s 1 and 2

I'm following Sandy Allnock's "Paint Along" series, found here  She is teaching us how to paint by following along with her, as she paints. She does these paintings effortlessly, while I labour along, taking at least twice as long, and it looks half as good. However, it's fun! And that is what's it's all about.
The barn was the first exercise, and it wasn't quite as hard as I thought it would be. Here's my effort. Oh, and I must admit, I used some "artistic license", and painted the barn additions red, as leaving them white just plain bothered me!

The lighthouse was the second exercise (found here) and I found this much more challenging! Some things I like, other things, like the shadow on the lighthouse itself, and many other things, need much more practice. Again, though, it was fun!

2 comments:

  1. LOVE that red barn....oooh and that lighthouse, egads these are FABULLOUS! These are really unbelievable. What a hidden painting talent you have found. AND I am so glad you share them all! WOW WOW WOW!!! Totally Frame-Worthy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both paintings are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete