Sunday, November 25, 2018

PTI November Blog Hop

PTI has a beautiful Christmas inspiration photo for their challenge this month, found here. 


I chose to go with the colour scheme of red, white, and a touch of green and light blue. I used the new Bold Borders: Snowflake and die cut a sheet of homemade glitter paper. (I used some sparkle acrylic paint to paint a sheet of thin cardstock.) I added the "Joy" sentiment, which comes with the coverplate. I heat embossed it with a red glitter embossing powder, as well as the bow from Corner Adorners. The bells were embossed with clear powder on blue cardstock, and it's done. I like how this turned out, and may make more like this.

Here's a closer look at the sparkle. Unfortunately, it's really difficult in photos to see the white sparkle on the coverplate. It's so pretty, yet subtle, in real life.


Thanks for looking, and enjoy your hopping!

10 comments:

  1. I love this, Kathryn!! So much sweet sparkle and the perfect pop of color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful! Love the sparkly accenting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How clever to make your own glitter paper Kathryn!! love that snowflake background and your colorful layered die cuts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely, lovely card Kathryn!! Don't the Bold Border cover plates work wonderful for a great white on white look and then a little bit of color like you did with the Joy sentiment and that lovely, lovely red and glittery bow...perfection!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Always a sucker for glitter. Very bold!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How clever to make your own glitter paper with paint! This is really beautiful! I adore the font of the Joy die & just may have to get those dies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sparkle acrylic paint? Wow, I’m so out of touch with new crafty items, but I love how your glittered paper looks. Awesome design, Kathryn! How did you adhere that delicate border? Curious minds want to know because I love the Bold Borders but assumed they'd be time-consuming to adhere. Does spray adhesive work?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! I just love the snowflake background!

    ReplyDelete