Saturday, April 13, 2013

Make it Monday, #111, No. 4

Some of you may be wondering how many mothers I have, as this is my 4th Mother's Day card! But I do need 2 cards, and a store in town here is kind enough to sell a few of my extras, so I'm beginning to prepare some for them. This one is actually for my own mother :)  She likes bright colours, and her middle name is Violet.

I used my Inktense pencils to colour in the flower and leaf, which were heat embossed on watercolour paper with white embossing powder. Stamps sets are PTI's Year of Flowers:Violets, and Boutique Borders.

I copied a background technique from one of the Papertrey Ink's designers, using PTI's Background Basics:Super Stripes. I stamped the solid stripe in Perfect Medium and applied purple Perfect Pearls overtop. (Say that 3 times quickly!)
Here is a close up, angled so that you can see the shine.
Thanks for looking, and have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. How gorgeous :) Thank you for joining us over at the Simon Says Stamp challenge, hugs, Dawny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A gorgeous card, stunning design and colours, your beautifully coloured the fabulous pansy and a lovely sentiment panel!!

    Thanks so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp challenge
    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete