Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Make it Monday, #114

Dawn McVey, at Papertrey Ink, has challenged us this week to use our re-inkers and blow the ink with a straw. Well, since I have only a few re-inkers, I decided to improvise... I used 3 Perfect Pearls mixtures, and dropped them onto my Smokey Black cardstock, one at a time, then blew like mad through a small straw. (I haven't done this technique since elementary school!)
Thanks for looking!
Supplies are all PTI, unless otherwise noted.
Stamps: Happiness in Bloom, Sketched Shapes
Paper: Raspberry Fizz, Smokey Shadow, blue scrap for "flag"
Inks: Raspberry Fizz, Smokey Shadow, Pearlescent Lavender (Brilliance) on the flag
Dies: Limitless Layers:Ovals, Sketched Shapes
Other: Perfect Pearls: Berry Twist, Perfect Pearl, Heirloom Gold
I am also entering this card in this week's Simon Says Stamp challenge: Anything Goes

7 comments:

  1. Very striking color combo, Kathryn. Your blown ink design is very festive and looks like streamers coming from the sentiment :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The perfect pearls look great against the dark cardstock - I agree that they look like streamers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the shimmery effect on the dark cardstock :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Your background looks amazing! Fabulous technique!!! Thanks for joining us for the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to try this. How clever. Beautiful results!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am LOVING your Cute card!! Such a FUN take on the Challenge!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

    ReplyDelete