Monday, April 22, 2013

Make it Monday, No. 113

Papertrey Ink has another wonderful Make it Monday challenge, this week's is using Perfect Pearls. I loved the cards that Nichol demonstrated for us! I only have a few colours of Perfect Pearls, so I did what I could.
I used dark blue paper, and stamped "Lace Bouquet" with Versamark Ink. I rubbed on the Perfect Pearls, then dusted with a Swiffer cloth. I found the PP rubbed off, so then spritzed it with a fine mist of water, which seemed to set it. This first card is for a friend's birthday, in a couple weeks time. It was good to try out my "Bountiful Banners" stamps and dies.
Thanks for looking!
Perfect Pearls colours: Forever Green, Forever Violet, Perfect Pearls

9 comments:

  1. I had the same problem with it rubbing off. I will have to try the water. It is a beautiful technique though - love your card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is totally lovely. I bet it really looks great in real life. You just can't capture the beauty of the pearls in a picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful floral bouquet! Guess I should watch Nichole's video to see if I'm going to attempt this one. Stunning results though so definitely worth the effort. Your banner sentiment finishes this perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. very pretty. i took a class on pearl ex a long time ago.. i thought it was hairspray to set it. i didn't have any trouble with mine rubbing off... but i was doing laundry while making it , so it had some "set time" before i dusted it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really pretty. I also used Lace Bouquet. Great minds think alike....He He

    ReplyDelete
  6. so very pretty - and i love the birthday banner :-) Your friend will feel very special to receive this card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card, the colours are gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete