Thursday, April 18, 2013

Make it Monday, #112

I have a friend who is turning 60 in a couple of weeks, so I made her this card. We are throwing a surprise Chocolate party, so I had to incorporate some of PTI's chocolate brown cardstock in with the Spring Moss, Berry Sorbet and Rustic Cream cardstocks.

On this week's Make it Monday, we have been challenged to use embossed die cuts, so I cut the "60" out of Berry Sorbet cardstock, and embossed it with Ranger's Holographic powder to give it some sparkle.
This is the first time I've used PTI's Signature Series:Dress Form stamp, as I bought this set for it's lovely sentiments. And because I didn't think I'd use the dress form much, I didn't buy the matching die! (Dumb.) I guess I'd better add that to my next order, as I really dislike cutting things out by hand... The focal point is on Mat Stack 6 dies (PTI). The background is stamped with Turning a New Leaf (PTI), and the berries are from Harvest Berries (PTI). The numbers are PTI, as well, although I've forgotten the name of the set, offhand... The sentiment is from Mega Mixed Messages (PTI).

I did a little more than I usually do on the inside, as well, but still left room for a lot of people to write their names inside, as it will be a group card. Here is the inside. I love the new Boutique Borders and am getting a lot of use out of them!
Thanks for looking!

7 comments:

  1. Kathryn, this is beautiful, inside and out! I'm sure your friend will love it!
    PS: Haven't those dies spoiled us rotten~I don't have nearly as many as I want in my shopping cart :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathryn, I think we all need to just bite it, and get every die. Too bad we're all not neighbors. Oh well, love your sweet card, and your hand cut dressform!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your friend is going to love this card! Wish someone had thrown me a Chocolate party for my 60th--should be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great card!! Your friend is a lucky one! Love the stamping on the inside!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute card. Nice stamping on the inside. It really adds to the card. I know your friend is going to love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a beautiful card, Kathryn! Love the background leaves, and the glittery "60"! Great job!

    ReplyDelete